The Dowell Clan

The Dowell Clan

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Update from The Dowell Clan

So, it has been a long while since I blogged. It has been such a rat race here that I am not sure which direction I am going most days. Inventory is Tuesday at work & so work has been really crazy. I've got to work two really long days the next two days, but when it's over I get four glorious days off. It sucks though cause Robert goes on a 96 hour pass tomorrow & I won't get to see him. I really miss him so much.

So the boys are doing well in soccer. Caiman has over 10 goals this year & him & Brenna are definitely leading their team. It is great to see how much fun they are having. Ryan has yet to have a goal this year, but his team is undeafeted. They are very intense & very good. He has 3 more games then he is done until high school practice starts.

We are going to Silverwood this coming weekend & then Caiman & Brenna's birthday bash is on the 7th. Caiman is so excited. I can't believe he is going to be 7 already.

Christian is just hanging out. He likes to play his guitar & video games. I think he is waiting for school to start so he can see his friends.

Robert is just waiting to leave Texas now. Sometime in August, but no dates yet.

As for me, just working & trying to survive. I have a hard time thinking we are really doing this again. I keep thinking he's just gonna walk through that door at any minute. The bed is lonely, the house is busy but I miss my best friend in the whole world. There is a hole in my heart that won't be filled until he comes home. (Sigh)

Some day we need to figure out as a country how to make deployment better on every family ever involved. Well, life is good for now. I'll write more after our Silverwood trip, can't wait. Talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment