The Dowell Clan

The Dowell Clan

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Probable Assignment

How do you tell a soldier whose life revolves around flying that you are relieved that he might be in a place where he won't fly as much? I can't do that even though that's what I feel. I can't because I know that my soldier, my love, my soul mate, truly loves what he does and he is good at it.

But, they need him for something else & that hurts him because he can't be good at both things at the same time. One will have to come before the other & with that sacrifice comes something that he doesn't want.

I wish I could tell the powers at be that they are making a mistake, I wish I could tell the powers at be that they need to readjust & rethink, but unfortunately I am just the army wife. I see them use him for every need that needs filled but never reward him for the job well done. It just seems like they keep dishing it out & he takes it & takes it. When is enough enough.

This is my only way to vent & share my feelings. I want him to be happy because if he is doing what he loves then the time will go faster for him & us. But, as it looks now this deployment could be long & boring. I hope & pray for him that someone somewhere, and you know who you are, will see that this is the wrong decision & put him where he needs to be. Even if I want in my heart for him to stay, he needs to be in a place he can fly not struggle to fly.

Bob, I love you with all my heart & I know that we will make it through whatever they throw at you & me as long as we are together & we do it together. If all else fails, remember you are almost free and hopefully by then I'll be a teacher & there will truly be no worries for us & ours. I love you babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment