The Dowell Clan

The Dowell Clan

Monday, June 7, 2010

Final Days

Wednesday is fast approaching & boy I'm not excited. I really wish things could be different in our world today & wars wouldn't have to last ten+ years. So, we wouldn't have to keep sending our National Guard units to war. But, when you are married to a soldier that is who they are. They are there to serve whether they want to or not. My Robert is a true soldier. That is who he was when I met him 18 years ago in Tennessee when we were in the Navy & he is still that person today as a Staff Sergeant in the Oregon National Guard (recently promoted by the way). So yet again he must answer the call & go.

Today was a good day that followed a great night. We had dinner with Curt & Candy & Doug & Autumn & their families as a last goodbye for them to Robert. It was a very late night that ended early this morning. It was well needed for Robert because it truly makes him feel better about going when we have friends that truly are our families away from our own. Then today we went to the mountains to look for mushrooms & target shoot. Then we came home watched Wolfman & had a great dinner, one of Robert's favorites. So tommorrow he goes to work & Wednesday we say goodbye.

I know it is going to be hard and I know that I have to be strong, but there are times in the back of my mind that I want to say I can't do this anymore. But I know for Robert & the boys I must press on & keep the strength here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment