The Dowell Clan

The Dowell Clan

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Well mother nature cooperated today & the flight crews headed out. It was a hard day. The first three helicopters left around 8 am and the last two left at 9:30 am. All five have made it to Grand Junction, Colorado. They will stay the night there then continue on their way to Texas.

I did good this time. Tried to keep it together when I hugged him goodbye & had to try really hard to keep it together while Caiman was having a very hard time watching daddy leave. He took this morning pretty hard.

He didn't want to leave the flight line at all, but Aunt Candy & I finally got him to come & we took him to McDonalds for breakfast. Then Uncle Curt gave him a newsprint end roll to make a huge poster calendar to count down the days until dad comes home. Today was 362, so since today is almost over we are gonna say 361 and a wake up.

I'm doing better than I thought. I miss him already but trying to help Caiman has taken my time and energy so that is a good thing.

The chiropractor helped Caiman out today as well he let him run the table when I was getting adjusted then Caiman got to talk to mom through a hole in the table. He was so cute sitting under the table talking to me. Then mom had some Mommy & me time & we went to lunch at Cinco De Mayo. Then when we got home the big boys helped him out while mom took a much needed nap. Early mornings suck especially two in a row.

The big boys didn't go this morning they said their goodbyes at home. But they are taking it much better than last time. I think we all are except for Caiman because he was a baby last time & now he remembers.

I just wanna pass on my thoughts & prayers to the rest of the families in the unit. We love you all & are here if you need us. God Speed Steelheads!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment